Skip to content
- The male is mainly green with a candy corn colored beak, while the female is a bright, ruby red with a Royal Blue/Purple chest.
- Highly intelligent, relatively quiet birds although they can be quite loud
- Eclectus are very outgoing and curious almost childlike and playful in nature.
- Can develop a large vocabulary.
- They need stimulation and plenty of toys to nurture their thinking nature, tend to like food toys, they love coconut halves hung in their cages.
- Should be bathed every other day and love to be bathed daily
- Female Eclectus is assertive so these birds are only recommended for experienced companion parrot owners. Males can sometimes be more timid
- They do not tolerate lots of activity and commotion well.
- Cage size depends on the species but the bigger is always better 30”w x 24” depth x 36” high is the minimum. They need plenty of room to climb and play Bar spacing should be 1” or less. We always recommend the largest you can fit and afford.
- They are 12-14” and about 380-525g lives 25-30 years old